Monday, January 31, 2011

Your bonnet, mademoiselle!

"I'm not playing your song, Mary." Freddy states loudly.

Freddy senses that Mary, on the verge of tears, likes me very little right now. Freddy likely deserve it. He provides a certain level of aggravation for Mary. His twisted, crass sense of humor requires an emotional palette largely lacking in most humans. Tigers and polar bears can handle it.

"Freddy, you are an abomination." Women in their early twenties cannot.

"I do so regret, Mary, that you think so little of me. Kindly do me the favor and never utter my name again. I bring enough shame upon your person."

Mary, seizing upon the invitation and wiping her tears, laughs uncontrollably. Her ruby lips gingerly frame her pearly white teeth. Freddy bows his head slightly. He fights back his fascination with this young lady. He imagines that she could be his wife one day.

"You are an ogre. An oaf." Mary, thinking nothing of it, throws her bonnet at Freddy.

"Now, that's not fair, young lady. I do not have a bonnet."

"That, Freddy, is a very good thing." Mary walks away, turns her head a bit, and smiles softly.

"Mary, your bonnet!" Freddy knows now that he is no longer the predator but merely the prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment